The jews read this Psalm to their new year celebration known as Rosh Hashanah. God is referring as the King of all the earth in the Psalm (v7). This is a messianic Psalm referring to the King of Kings, our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Celebration (1-4)
- May be written by Hezekiah to celebrate for how God had delivered Judah from the Assyrians.
- Reason for celebration: v2: [For the Lord Most High is to be feared, A great King over all the earth]
- Christ has ascended (v5)
- God came down to earth to judge sinners because of their wickedness, and ascended to heaven.
- Jesus came to die for our sin. He is now ascended into heaven and sat down at the right hand of the God receiving the praise and worship He deserved in heaven.
- Christ is King of Kings (v6-9)
- Christ is God and He is the King of all the earth (v7)
- Christ sat on the right hand of the Father on the throne.